The sheriff of a sleepy border town finds his quiet life interrupted when a drug boss escapes FBI custody and fled straight toward his town.
Ah-nold is back. The Last Stand was his first official starring role since being Governor, and he's a little older, a little slower, but he's still got it. Apparently forest Whitaker is also in this (for which there no excuse), but I do like Peter Stormare. He's awesome.
At the town's diner, Sheriff Arnold spies a couple of shifty eyed truckers and decides to run their plates as he thinks they were suspicious. The plates come back clean, but unbeknownst to him, he really is up to some shady stuff.
During a nighttime prison transport, under the watch of Mister Whitaker, one of the country's most notorious gangsters escapes, with a very well orchestrated prison break. [It was actually a pretty cool sequence of events.] There's a typical FBI manhunt until the gang cross into Schwarzeneggers borders. There, he and his crew make their last stand, attempting to hold off the bad guys until help arrives. Generally after all the hard work has been done.
The getaway car, a modified Corvette Zero one, is a thing of beauty. I'm not a car guy, but even I had to acknowledge it's greatness. Specifically it's MPG. Dude drove it over 90 for about a, legit day and didn't even need to refuel once. Dope.
The Last Stand is better than I thought it would be. Like I said, the car and the prison break were dope. On top of that, This movie sounds and looks amazing. It really is a much better movie than I originally gave it credit for. Plus, It's always nice to see Luiz Guzman as he's one of my favorite supporting actors.
Violence? Yes
Explosions? Pfft. A Schwarzenegger movie without explosions? What do you think you're watching, Twins?
Nudity? None
Explosions? Pfft. A Schwarzenegger movie without explosions? What do you think you're watching, Twins?
Nudity? None







0 comments:
Post a Comment