Los Angeles, 1949: A secret crew of police officers led by two determined sergeants work together in an effort to take down the ruthless mob king Mickey Cohen who runs the city.
Gangster Squad, The Untouchables, and another flick or two that I'm sure I'm missing. There's just Something about cops being just as ruthless as the bad guys. Villains are not constrained by the law and that's their advantage. When the cops level the playing field however, shit usually gets real. It's just something that is necessary, but unthinkable in today's society.
Anyway, Gangster Squad was an enjoyable flick. There was drama (of course), but there were more action and gun fights to make up for it. In the climax, they shot up the lobby of a hotel. Twas good stuff. I feel like Emma Stone was a bit miscast but I've gained a new respect for Sean Penn.
Sean Penn is a man who I've never gave proper credit to. I don't like him, but I cannot deny his talent.
Granted this was just a generic role for him, but for some reason I noticed him.
Out of Ten? 7
Violence? Some mook ate a shotgun to the face!
Explosions? Mofos were tossing dynamite like they were Looney Toons.
Nudity? No. Surprisingly.






0 comments:
Post a Comment