***An iCheck Movies Listed Film***
Well, I could never find a good movie with all the guillotines I wanted so I dipped into the archives. Master of the flying guillotine has to have all of the guillotine I can handle....right?
Here's the quick and dirty:
Essentially, a blind grandmaster travels the country, seeking to avenge the deaths of his two disciples. All he knows is that a one armed man is responsible. So he does what any good master filed with rage would do, guillotine just about every one armed man who crosses his path and those that get in his way.
The one armed boxer is a master of his craft, but he has no desire for fame, fortune or to draw the attention of the Chinese government. He has opened a school and is persuaded to attend the tournament as a way to learn more about kung-fu outside of his own.
After the Grandmaster crashes the tournament, the one armed boxer closes his school and tells of how he defeated the two disciples. He suspects their master is coming for him and he gets ready.
///////////////
![]() |
| It's still a good film, but I'll never get my guillotine. *wistful sigh* |
Stray Quotage:
"Was he the one armed boxer?
No! He was just some bum!
I don't care. I intend to kill every one armed man that I come across here. "
No! He was just some bum!
I don't care. I intend to kill every one armed man that I come across here. "
"We all want to learn kung-fu. But we don't want to hide all our lives"
"The one armed swordsman is just a one armed chicken."
Sigh. One Armed Boxer vs Flying Guillotine. That's the original/international title and one that's more apt to the film. Despite its title it's only focus is the tournament and the one armed boxer. Shit there's just about an hour long wait until we get to their first confrontation.
I get it. The Master of the Flying Guillotine is clearly the bad guy, as realistically, you really can't go around taking people's heads, but the equation should be simple: arrive, take heads, leave. Unfortunately, the entire first half is tragically void of guillotines, minus one scene in which s chicken gets it. I'm starting to realize that I'll never get the proper amount of flying guillotine in my life. The irony is that I'll probably be killed by guillotine when it's time.
Violence? Yes
Explosions? Yes
Nudity? No
Explosions? Yes
Nudity? No






0 comments:
Post a Comment