Snow Piercer (2014)




In the future, scientists have found a way to reverse global warming. Unfortunately it worked a bit too well as it froze nearly everything and everyone save for the people aboard a miracle train, that never stops running.
This is where our story takes place. In the future, on a train where the rich occupy the first cars and keep the poor chained up in the back car like the dirty, filthy non money having "animals" they are.
Fed up with the bullshit, a plan is hatched to move through the cars and take control of the train. This plan will succeed where many others have failed, not only because they plan on taking the engine and water cars, but also because they are led by Captain America, disguised as Captain No Money in this case.
----------------------------

You know, I've Been trying to bite my tongue regarding this film because I fell victim to it's hype. Plus it's damn near beloved for one reason or another.  You know how they say "Don't judge a book, blah blah blah?" Well, eff that, I can usually tell if I'd be interested in a film by it's poster alone. However, if I had seen this poster, I would have kept it moving. I got suckered in by the trailer. To its credit though, having the story take place on a train was a cool twist, but eh, the story has been told before. Dystopian future. Rich vs poor and the poor revolt, changing society. Bleh.

I was expecting action adventure and I got blindsided by all the drama. And boy, was there a lot of drama. Visually, the film was amazing. Plot and character wise? Meh. Like most very pretty films, I feel people are caught up on the graphics and not the story. *Cough* Avatar *cough* *cough*

Tilda Swinton though, crushed her role as the very punchable disciplinarian and boy was I happy when they revealed the mythical man they praised and sang songs about. Very few actors deserve that acclaim.

I didn't get that much enjoyment from the film, and I definitely don't get the hype, which is why I'm going with 2 stars. Be happy it looked so pretty.

Violence? Yes
Explosions? Yes
Nudity? No

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Action (231) horror (179) 3-Star (178) thriller (143) comedy (132) International (109) 2-Star (103) Drama (98) Sucks (96) Sci-Fi (80) 4-Star (78) Crime (72) Supernatural (62) Animated (58) Adaptation (52) original (47) Awesome (43) Dark Comedy (42) Cult Fave (41) Karate (38) Art (37) Teens (37) 1-Star (36) TV (36) gun play (35) Mystery (34) fantasy (34) 5-Star (33) Girl Power (32) independent (31) Killer Animals (29) Listed (29) Asia (28) Revenge (28) Subway (28) infected (26) BadAss (23) B-Movie (19) Creepy Kid (18) Support (18) Grindhouse (17) Swords (17) thoughts (17) Adventure (16) Found Footage (16) Romance (16) documentary (16) Ensemble (15) Police (15) Remake (15) BBC (14) Japan (13) Marvel (13) Aliens (12) China (12) True-ish (12) Vampires (12) War (12) DC (11) Holiday (11) Reality (11) lists (11) BLOG (10) British (10) Hitmen (10) Korea (10) Retro (10) Director (8) History (8) Monsters (8) Ninja (8) Future (7) Jail (7) Message (7) Mobsters (7) Musical (7) Spain (7) Sports (7) anthology (7) rant (7) Englund (6) Spy (6) Western (6) Bollywood (5) Live Blog (5) Parody (5) Disaster (4) Family (4) France (4) LGBTQ (4) Mila Kunis (4) Mockumentary (4) Thailand (4) biography (4) germany (4) mythology (4) subtitles (4) Chile (3) Douchestache (3) Fighting (3) Party (3) Politics (3) Sweden (3) Tasty (3) Africa (2) Australia (2) Dance (2) Food (2) Indonesia (2) Mexico (2) Noir (2) Philippines (2) Quick Hits (2) Travel (2) Werewolves (2) Brazil (1) Canada (1) Dutch (1) Finland (1) Gynmastics (1) Ireland (1) Netherlands (1) New Zealand (1) Road Trip (1) Russia (1) cooking (1) serbia (1) witches (1) wrestling (1)