RED is an action comedy based on a graphic novel. With the news of RED 2 being released soon, and hearing nothing but good things about the first, I figured that I might as well catch up on the series. The basic premise is that a retired super agent is targeted by the agency and sets out to discover why.
When his peaceful life is threatened by a high-tech assassin, former black-ops agent Frank Moses reassembles his old team in a last ditch effort to survive and uncover his assailants.
Along the way, he gets his old team together and they battle agent Cooper. The current super agent who is tasked with taking them down.
This is Bruce Willis at his most Bruce Willis since Die Hard. Backing him up are Morgan Freeman, John Malkovich, Dame Helen Mirren and Mary Louise Parker as his love interest.
Everyone in this film puts on an equally comedic performance and they are clear badasses with weapons. And unrelated to anything, of all the older broads I'd smash, Helen Miren is definitely atop the list.
Violence? Yes
Explosions? Yes
Nudity? No







I definitely loved this movie. Great cast, good plot. Still need to see the 2nd one.
ReplyDelete