Facepalm. Facepalm. Catch the fever now...





Dealing with a new user...Pt.1


Hey can someone help me with the dual monitor setup on my machine? Also, I cannot connect to the timesheet application.

Alright I'll help you out.

Alright, you said you have a problem with the timesheet , so let's resolve that first. 
[Open application, loads w/o issue okay so that's good.]

Let's knock out your monitor.

Okay

So what's up?

I have two monitors. They are both powered on and connected, but the computer only recognizes one of them. I've googled dual monitor setup and I've done all that is in my power. I can't get it to connect though.

[Checking the display settings, I see only one monitor.]
Okay, you said both of the monitors are connected?

Yes. They are connected and powered on.

Alright, trace this monitor cable for me. Is it white or blue at the end?

It's white.

Okay cool.
Where is the other cable connected to?

It has power.

Okay, but where is it connected to?
There should be another slot for the second monitor.

I don't see any other slots.

Okay. Can you see the back of the machine?

Yes.

So you see where the white cable connects?

Yes. So, I need to connect the second monitor to the computer?

Wow. Umm, trace down the cable from the working monitor. To the right of where it's connected, there should be a small slot. Looks like an you can put an hdmi cable in there.

I don't see any slots.

That makes no sense. There should be a slot or two right beside that white cable.

No. I don't see anywhere to connect a monitor.

Alright hold on
 
[A quick Google search shows me the back of his machine.]
There are two slots. Okay, nvm. I'm going to send you a cable so that you can get this set up. It'll come first thing in the morning or late afternoon.

Okay.

So, the timesheet thing is good? Do you want to test that?

Yes it's good.

Okay take care.

 **********************
Pt2:


[Via Email:]

So I'm still having that problem with my timesheet.

I don't understand. What problem?

It doesn't load.

I don't understand. Can you send a screenshot? Maybe it loaded behind the main window or beneath?

This is all that loads
 [Screenshot of the general app launching screen]

I don't understand. I was just on your machine and I loaded the software w/o an issue. What problem are you having? Can you call me?

[Phone rings]
Yeah what's going on. I'm confused.

It doesn't open take a look.

[Yet again, I open the program w/o issue.]
So it loads. What is the issue?

I can't get in.

So wait, your issue is that you can't login not that it doesn't load?

Yeah...

Ah alright. You're a new guy. Your account probably hasn't been created yet. Let me look into that.

Okay thanks.
###############


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Action (231) horror (179) 3-Star (178) thriller (143) comedy (132) International (109) 2-Star (103) Drama (98) Sucks (96) Sci-Fi (80) 4-Star (78) Crime (72) Supernatural (62) Animated (58) Adaptation (52) original (47) Awesome (43) Dark Comedy (42) Cult Fave (41) Karate (38) Art (37) Teens (37) 1-Star (36) TV (36) gun play (35) Mystery (34) fantasy (34) 5-Star (33) Girl Power (32) independent (31) Killer Animals (29) Listed (29) Asia (28) Revenge (28) Subway (28) infected (26) BadAss (23) B-Movie (19) Creepy Kid (18) Support (18) Grindhouse (17) Swords (17) thoughts (17) Adventure (16) Found Footage (16) Romance (16) documentary (16) Ensemble (15) Police (15) Remake (15) BBC (14) Japan (13) Marvel (13) Aliens (12) China (12) True-ish (12) Vampires (12) War (12) DC (11) Holiday (11) Reality (11) lists (11) BLOG (10) British (10) Hitmen (10) Korea (10) Retro (10) Director (8) History (8) Monsters (8) Ninja (8) Future (7) Jail (7) Message (7) Mobsters (7) Musical (7) Spain (7) Sports (7) anthology (7) rant (7) Englund (6) Spy (6) Western (6) Bollywood (5) Live Blog (5) Parody (5) Disaster (4) Family (4) France (4) LGBTQ (4) Mila Kunis (4) Mockumentary (4) Thailand (4) biography (4) germany (4) mythology (4) subtitles (4) Chile (3) Douchestache (3) Fighting (3) Party (3) Politics (3) Sweden (3) Tasty (3) Africa (2) Australia (2) Dance (2) Food (2) Indonesia (2) Mexico (2) Noir (2) Philippines (2) Quick Hits (2) Travel (2) Werewolves (2) Brazil (1) Canada (1) Dutch (1) Finland (1) Gynmastics (1) Ireland (1) Netherlands (1) New Zealand (1) Road Trip (1) Russia (1) cooking (1) serbia (1) witches (1) wrestling (1)