This ain't for the "Full House" crowd. Join a host of comedians and Hollywood personalities as they take playful aim at actor-comedian Bob Saget, best known for his role as the squeaky-clean dad on the long-running ABC sitcom. Among those taking jabs at the man of the hour are Norm MacDonald, Jeff Garlin, Jon Lovitz, Greg Giraldo, Brian Posehn, Cloris Leachman, Sarah Silverman, Jeffrey Ross and Uncle Jesse himself, John Stamos.
Comedy Central presents the celebrity roast of Bob Saget. The roast follows the usual format of celebrities on a dais, getting drunk, cracking wise on each other and their roastee, ending with him or her, turning the tables and ending the show. This roast was hosted by John Stamos, who while being handsome, is really not that funny. He did do an admirable job however, and there's no one else better suited to be the host of a Sagat roast than uncle Jessie.
Out of the roasts I've seen I'd say that this one was the weakest. It was funny, but not funny haha. I think there's more pressure when there's a larger amount of roasters, so it's even more apparent when they don't deliver. I also had trouble understanding how Bob Saget was big enough to be roasted, but it I guess we need a sacrifice every now and then.
Out of Ten? 6.5
Violence? No
Explosions? No
Nudity? No





Finally something I've seen! Funny but not that funny. But then again, that's the definition of Bob Saget.
ReplyDeleteI blame the roasters and Bob Saget. Actually I blame everyone but John Stamos. That man is flawless and bless his heart, he tried.
ReplyDelete