The Lorax (2012)

***I check movies listed movie***



A 12-year-old boy searches for the one thing that will enable him to win the affection of the girl of his dreams. To find it he must discover the story of the Lorax, the grumpy yet charming creature who fights to protect his world.


The Lorax (2012) is a remake as it was originally released in 71.

I didn't think I'd enjoy this film but I found it refreshing that it didn't pander specifically to kids (or maybe it did and I still have some maturing to do). The more cartoony aspects started to fade the minute the first tree was lost. Once the forest was gone, it transitioned into a tale of environmentalism and greed with hope for a bright future.

One caveat, "only a guy who truly cares will be able to regrow the forest." That dude couldn't care less. He knew that getting a tree would increase his pussy potential and he was only trying to plant that tree so he could plant his tree. So was he really a hero?


That part bothered me, but In his defense, if I had a seed that equaled guaranteed pussy, I'd fight like hell to plant it and I guess having a forest full of them couldn't hurt either. Danny Devito did an awesome job as the Lorax. I couldn't really recognize any of the other voices and that was good because it allowed me to concentrate on the story without being distracted.


Out of Ten? 7
I don't respond well to heavy handed messages about environmentalism and capitalism. (I'm looking in your direction Avatar)

Violence? No
Explosions? No
Nudity? No

2 comments:

  1. The Lorax is an absolute classic and I freaking love it. It should be required watching in school. Same with Wall-E.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen Wall-E and I get the feeling that I'll be incredibly biased if and when I do.

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Action (231) horror (179) 3-Star (178) thriller (143) comedy (132) International (109) 2-Star (103) Drama (98) Sucks (96) Sci-Fi (80) 4-Star (78) Crime (72) Supernatural (62) Animated (58) Adaptation (52) original (47) Awesome (43) Dark Comedy (42) Cult Fave (41) Karate (38) Art (37) Teens (37) 1-Star (36) TV (36) gun play (35) Mystery (34) fantasy (34) 5-Star (33) Girl Power (32) independent (31) Killer Animals (29) Listed (29) Asia (28) Revenge (28) Subway (28) infected (26) BadAss (23) B-Movie (19) Creepy Kid (18) Support (18) Grindhouse (17) Swords (17) thoughts (17) Adventure (16) Found Footage (16) Romance (16) documentary (16) Ensemble (15) Police (15) Remake (15) BBC (14) Japan (13) Marvel (13) Aliens (12) China (12) True-ish (12) Vampires (12) War (12) DC (11) Holiday (11) Reality (11) lists (11) BLOG (10) British (10) Hitmen (10) Korea (10) Retro (10) Director (8) History (8) Monsters (8) Ninja (8) Future (7) Jail (7) Message (7) Mobsters (7) Musical (7) Spain (7) Sports (7) anthology (7) rant (7) Englund (6) Spy (6) Western (6) Bollywood (5) Live Blog (5) Parody (5) Disaster (4) Family (4) France (4) LGBTQ (4) Mila Kunis (4) Mockumentary (4) Thailand (4) biography (4) germany (4) mythology (4) subtitles (4) Chile (3) Douchestache (3) Fighting (3) Party (3) Politics (3) Sweden (3) Tasty (3) Africa (2) Australia (2) Dance (2) Food (2) Indonesia (2) Mexico (2) Noir (2) Philippines (2) Quick Hits (2) Travel (2) Werewolves (2) Brazil (1) Canada (1) Dutch (1) Finland (1) Gynmastics (1) Ireland (1) Netherlands (1) New Zealand (1) Road Trip (1) Russia (1) cooking (1) serbia (1) witches (1) wrestling (1)