A stranger armed with a shotgun takes seven patrons hostage in a remote roadside diner. But as the body count increases, the desperate survivors discover that one of the hostages may be even more dangerous than their captor.
Diners in a small gas stop diner learn of a murder in another county. After a suspicious looking man walks in, they (naturally) assume he is the killer and interrogate him. Soon after, he pops the trunk and shotguns some people to death. Figuring that the killer is already in the diner, he takes a few unlucky patrons hostage until he discovers who the killer is.
Hey hey look! Jake Busey! (pic)
The Killing Jar is one of those, "Somebody in here is the killer but it ain't me." movies. and one thing I've learned from this flick: if you're ever in a rural diner and some vicious looking dude rolls in, either leave or leave him be.
The cover had machete, danny trejo in what looked to be a staring role. That was one of the reasons I watched this dreck. At best, this was a Machete cameo. Dude was in the film for like 10 min. He had like 3 lines and he was taken out by a shotgun blast! Dude was at his 2nd most un-machete-ist. (Harold and Kumar 3D is #1)
Another thing I noticed, Michael Madsen is old. This film makes that apparent. Yes dude still has appears to be a tough guy, but I'm convinced dude has no teeth. How tough can you be with no teeth?
Oh, right. Shotgun. That's how...
Stray Quotage:
-"You've got to separate the weak, from the chaff"
What does that mean?
"Idk. I read it in a book somewhere about people who don't understand the situation that they're in."
-"You're not afraid to die?"
No, but I am afraid you're going to keep talking.
-"What about you college boy?"
I'm no killer...I'm an artist
"Hahaha, I ought to just kill you first"
-Everybody's special. A unique, individual, beautiful snowflake.
"That's the stupidest shit I've ever heard"
Out of Ten? 5.5
By the end, the Waitress gets a badass moment and shotguns are always worth an extra half point.
Explosions? No
Nudity? Nope







0 comments:
Post a Comment