Hatchet II (2010)






Marybeth escapes the clutches of the bayou-butcher Victor Crowley and returns to the swamp with an army of hunters and gunmen, determined to end Crowley's reign of horror once and for all.

Hatchet 2 takes place immediately at the end of the first. Having barely survived Crowley's rampage, Mary Beth is rescued by a fisherman. When she reveals her name, he kicks her out and tells her that her father was responsible. He tells her to go see Reverend Zombie (Tony Todd) to get the whole story.

Zombie tells her that her father was one the people responsible for the death of Victor Crowley (implying that he kinda got what he deserved) and she has no logical reason for going back to the swamp. But she wants to go back to retrieve the bodies of her family and get revenge on Crowley. In her irrational mind, that shit makes perfect sense and honestly I'm so happy that she went back. I never knew how much I needed more Crowley in my life until I watched this film.

If you couldn't tell from the featured posts list, I love love love both new and fantastic kills and the Hatchet series consistently delivers.

Hatchet 2 like it's predecessor, is all about the crazy brutal kills. Victor Crowley is an artist. As you can see from the pic above, dude even has a comically large chainsaw that he can use to kill a two to three people at once. In between the killing we get comedy and the delightfully creepy Tony Todd (whom I adore). I skipped it initially because of negative reviews, but then I saw a trailer for Hatchet Three. That shit looks absolutely crazy. I'm so happy part two was on Netflix. Now I'm totally caught up on the series and my bloodlust has been sated.

I know I'm gushing, but what really won me over, was a reference to Glen Echo killer Leslie Vernon, a man who had his ascension to supernatural killer documented in Behind The Mask. With that reference, Hatchet 2 immediately became one of my new favorite films.



Violence? What type of movie do you think this is, son?!
Explosions? Only of violence. and blood.
Nudity? Titty manages to get sprinkled in at some point, but seriously, nudity isn't necessary.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Action (231) horror (179) 3-Star (178) thriller (143) comedy (132) International (109) 2-Star (103) Drama (98) Sucks (96) Sci-Fi (80) 4-Star (78) Crime (72) Supernatural (62) Animated (58) Adaptation (52) original (47) Awesome (43) Dark Comedy (42) Cult Fave (41) Karate (38) Art (37) Teens (37) 1-Star (36) TV (36) gun play (35) Mystery (34) fantasy (34) 5-Star (33) Girl Power (32) independent (31) Killer Animals (29) Listed (29) Asia (28) Revenge (28) Subway (28) infected (26) BadAss (23) B-Movie (19) Creepy Kid (18) Support (18) Grindhouse (17) Swords (17) thoughts (17) Adventure (16) Found Footage (16) Romance (16) documentary (16) Ensemble (15) Police (15) Remake (15) BBC (14) Japan (13) Marvel (13) Aliens (12) China (12) True-ish (12) Vampires (12) War (12) DC (11) Holiday (11) Reality (11) lists (11) BLOG (10) British (10) Hitmen (10) Korea (10) Retro (10) Director (8) History (8) Monsters (8) Ninja (8) Future (7) Jail (7) Message (7) Mobsters (7) Musical (7) Spain (7) Sports (7) anthology (7) rant (7) Englund (6) Spy (6) Western (6) Bollywood (5) Live Blog (5) Parody (5) Disaster (4) Family (4) France (4) LGBTQ (4) Mila Kunis (4) Mockumentary (4) Thailand (4) biography (4) germany (4) mythology (4) subtitles (4) Chile (3) Douchestache (3) Fighting (3) Party (3) Politics (3) Sweden (3) Tasty (3) Africa (2) Australia (2) Dance (2) Food (2) Indonesia (2) Mexico (2) Noir (2) Philippines (2) Quick Hits (2) Travel (2) Werewolves (2) Brazil (1) Canada (1) Dutch (1) Finland (1) Gynmastics (1) Ireland (1) Netherlands (1) New Zealand (1) Road Trip (1) Russia (1) cooking (1) serbia (1) witches (1) wrestling (1)