I like Anthony Jeselnik. His Comedy is just the right mix of snark and deadpan offensive to which a lot of people won't even know why they're mad, just that they should be.
I'm not a fan of his opening monologue as that seems kinda forced. It looks like he's trying to do the best he can with it, but Jesus Christ dude, you don't have to read your headlines before getting into the joke. It's not funny when Leno does it and it isn't funny when you do it either.
My only other gripe involves the panel. While I find the panel concept hilarious, how many times can one possibly say the word panel. It just bothers me. makes me do like he's again trying, which comedians shouldn't do.
It reads like I'm being negative, but I'm not. I really do enjoy this show. The jokes are funny, the guests are funny, even the audience is funny when prompted. I just hate when I feel like a comedian is trying to be funny. Comedy Central built a whole show around him being offensive, so now he has to live up to it.
Anyway, check out some of this stuff out and judge for yourself. You can find his show on Comedy Central if you're interested.






0 comments:
Post a Comment