After a research project goes awry, a scientist and his team race to stop the monstrous magnetic tornadoes their experiment spawned. But fueled by infinite energy and shredding everything in sight, the trillion-watt twisters may prove unstoppable.
The Helios Project attempts to absorb solar flares into a magnetic vortex to create clean energy, a team of scientists plan to harness the energy and sell it to nations. After a rough first run, the project goes insanely awry when the uncollected energy begins to collect on its own and attract metal objects.
Metal Tornado!
Lou Diamond Philips(!!!), who was one of the scientists who worked on Helios, is asked by the sheriff to help with his investigation of local incidents that are more sciency than he likes. Putting 8 and 8 together, he discovers that the area has been polarized. As he puts forth his theory about the excess energy, he is summarily dismissed by everyone, yet when the "roving magnetic vortex" becomes apparent, it somehow falls on him to stop it. The same experiment is carried out in the company's lab in France.
To stop it, LDP suggests They drop an EMP right into the tornado, hopefully killing its energy before it reaches Philadelphia. Unfortunately, they don't stop it before it reaches Paris and that city is destroyed. On the other end of the spectrum, the U.S. is saved.
Until the fire tornado touches down. *Evil Laugh*
Firenado!
The Victim Breakdown:
Victim #1: Taken out by what I believe was a magnetized can of baked beans
Victim #2: Misdirection. Barb wire? Nope. Tractor.
Victim #3: Takes a pitchfork to the dome.
Victim #4: A full of shit woman whose lies to a cop gets her car sucked into the tornado.
Victim #5: Pinned to a wall by her motorcycle and squeezed to death.
Metal Tornado is interesting. It's bad, but packed with cheesy sciency action. I can't say that I expected more, (I mean it was a film about a Metal Tornado) but I did expect more destruction (or more victims, at the least). It doesn't take too long for things to get crazy and the film stays in action mode until the end. I found it funny that the guy that's supposed to be LDP's teenage son, had hair loss issues. It was like dude came straight from Dawson's Creek.
Explosions? Yes
Nudity? No









0 comments:
Post a Comment