Machete (2011)


After being set-up and betrayed by the man who hired him to assassinate a Texas Senator, an ex-Federale launches a brutal rampage of revenge against his former boss.

After being set up and exiled from Mexico, former federale Machete is living as a day laborer in Texas. When a politician begins to campaign on an anti-immigrant platform, his Public Relations Manager decides to create an event that would make the voters sympathetic to his boss's cause. He hires Machete and fucked with the wrong Mexican as he sets out for revenge nearly just as soon as he discovers he's been set up. The rest of the movie is just that. Revenge, action,  blood, explosions, titty and for some odd reason, a white dude that believes he's Mexican, but is down for the cause.

Based on a trailer that was done for the GrindHouse movie, Machete is a lot of fun. After being in several movies as Machete, the character finally gets his own taste of the spotlight and in my opinion thoroughly delivers. Dude is completely bad ass and his interactions within the scope of the film are hilarious.

The sequel is coming out soon which is essentially why I'm writing this as somewhat of a refresher. I am excited about Machete Kills, I don't love everyone in the cast, but I trust Robert Rodriguez to sort it out. Shit I wasn't expecting Jeff Fahey or Don Johnson to be as good as they were in Machete. I have faith. Plus my man Marko Zaror is in the film and I've glowingly reviewed a film or two on this here blog.

I don't know what else to say about this movie. I'm assuming everyone has seen it by now. That's really no excuse for those who haven't. Anyway, here's a trailer for Machete Kills.



Violence? Yes
Explosions? Yes
Nudity? Yes

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Action (231) horror (179) 3-Star (178) thriller (143) comedy (132) International (109) 2-Star (103) Drama (98) Sucks (96) Sci-Fi (80) 4-Star (78) Crime (72) Supernatural (62) Animated (58) Adaptation (52) original (47) Awesome (43) Dark Comedy (42) Cult Fave (41) Karate (38) Art (37) Teens (37) 1-Star (36) TV (36) gun play (35) Mystery (34) fantasy (34) 5-Star (33) Girl Power (32) independent (31) Killer Animals (29) Listed (29) Asia (28) Revenge (28) Subway (28) infected (26) BadAss (23) B-Movie (19) Creepy Kid (18) Support (18) Grindhouse (17) Swords (17) thoughts (17) Adventure (16) Found Footage (16) Romance (16) documentary (16) Ensemble (15) Police (15) Remake (15) BBC (14) Japan (13) Marvel (13) Aliens (12) China (12) True-ish (12) Vampires (12) War (12) DC (11) Holiday (11) Reality (11) lists (11) BLOG (10) British (10) Hitmen (10) Korea (10) Retro (10) Director (8) History (8) Monsters (8) Ninja (8) Future (7) Jail (7) Message (7) Mobsters (7) Musical (7) Spain (7) Sports (7) anthology (7) rant (7) Englund (6) Spy (6) Western (6) Bollywood (5) Live Blog (5) Parody (5) Disaster (4) Family (4) France (4) LGBTQ (4) Mila Kunis (4) Mockumentary (4) Thailand (4) biography (4) germany (4) mythology (4) subtitles (4) Chile (3) Douchestache (3) Fighting (3) Party (3) Politics (3) Sweden (3) Tasty (3) Africa (2) Australia (2) Dance (2) Food (2) Indonesia (2) Mexico (2) Noir (2) Philippines (2) Quick Hits (2) Travel (2) Werewolves (2) Brazil (1) Canada (1) Dutch (1) Finland (1) Gynmastics (1) Ireland (1) Netherlands (1) New Zealand (1) Road Trip (1) Russia (1) cooking (1) serbia (1) witches (1) wrestling (1)