Todd (Labine) wants everything to be just perfect at the family cottage where he plans to propose to Cammie (Akerman). But things go awry with the arrival of Todd's slacker brother Salinger (Petronijevic) and his free-spirited girlfriend Masha (Punch). When Todd accidentally dispatches his irksome sibling with an axe, Cammie is determined not to let murder stand in the way of their happiness.
The Cast:
- Tyler Labine as the straight man pushed too far
- Malin Ackerman as his gf who will not be denied an awesome weekend and potential marriage
- Salinger the obnoxious brother
- Masha his eastern European girlfriend
- Dov, a friend who is investigating the renters
The Story:
A man rents out his family's Cabin in the Woods (wink) with the express intention of proposing marriage to his girlfriend. That very night, his brother shows up and attempts to throw an obnoxious wrench in his plans, but his girlfriend works to ensure that his sudden and unexpected death does not put a damper on the weekend's plans.
Cottage Country was not a terrible film, but it was not a fantastic film either. I watched it because I support Tyler Labine and I did find it funny how they inverted Labine's usual role as the obnoxious friend and had him play the boring straight-laced character. By the end if the movie though, not much happened. It started meh, got dark, like a dark comedy should, then somehow lost its way. It'll do for a passable film to watch with your SO if they are into such things. You could do worse and you could do much better. But it'll do. I'm giving it a three because I laughed and the death scenes were pretty good. (In general)
Violence? Yes
Explosions? No
Nudity? No
Explosions? No
Nudity? No






0 comments:
Post a Comment