Would You Rather (2013)




Based on the best selling board game, Do you Rather takes a new sadistic approach to a beloved ice breaking/drinking game. Led by Brittany Snow, Sasha Grey and the Crab Man from my Name is Earl, a group a people are gathered to a dinner party that asks the question, which would you rather do?

A rich man likes to play games with plebeians. On this night, he has invited 8 people to his place for dinner and game night for a chance to win his financial assistance with their hardships. Everyone who shows up is in a situation where they need money. Before the game starts he leads in with a game I like to call, "How much money would it take you to do whatever it is you wouldn't do if you weren't offered money to do it."

Now, while that scene sets the mood, it is also a pretty funny lead into the main story of the film. He explains that his version of Would You Rather, it is essentially a psychological experiment to determine which of them he will help. The one caveat being, whatever they choose, they must act upon or they will be eliminated from the game. He gives them all a final chance to get out, and no one takes him up on it. They instantly regretted it once those bull nuts came out.

Would You Rather is actually kinda funny in a dark and twisted sort of way. Maybe I'm just fucked, but I enjoyed it a bit more than I anticipated. The guy that plays the rich dude is hilarious. Dialogue, mannerisms, speech pattern, dude is good. I didn't realize how much I missed the Crabman, until I saw him again in this film. I was thrilled to see his fro is still intact. Sasha Grey though. Smh. Sasha Grey still can't act or emote, but this is the liveliest I've seen her without being penetrated first. So, there may be hope for her yet.

Overall though, I enjoyed it. So 3, yes, count'em, three, stars will be awarded.

Line of the Film:  "I'm sorry, you're gonna just have to take one for the team." 
That line is always funny, both in and out of context.


Violence? Yes
Explosions? No
Nudity? No

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Action (231) horror (179) 3-Star (178) thriller (143) comedy (132) International (109) 2-Star (103) Drama (98) Sucks (96) Sci-Fi (80) 4-Star (78) Crime (72) Supernatural (62) Animated (58) Adaptation (52) original (47) Awesome (43) Dark Comedy (42) Cult Fave (41) Karate (38) Art (37) Teens (37) 1-Star (36) TV (36) gun play (35) Mystery (34) fantasy (34) 5-Star (33) Girl Power (32) independent (31) Killer Animals (29) Listed (29) Asia (28) Revenge (28) Subway (28) infected (26) BadAss (23) B-Movie (19) Creepy Kid (18) Support (18) Grindhouse (17) Swords (17) thoughts (17) Adventure (16) Found Footage (16) Romance (16) documentary (16) Ensemble (15) Police (15) Remake (15) BBC (14) Japan (13) Marvel (13) Aliens (12) China (12) True-ish (12) Vampires (12) War (12) DC (11) Holiday (11) Reality (11) lists (11) BLOG (10) British (10) Hitmen (10) Korea (10) Retro (10) Director (8) History (8) Monsters (8) Ninja (8) Future (7) Jail (7) Message (7) Mobsters (7) Musical (7) Spain (7) Sports (7) anthology (7) rant (7) Englund (6) Spy (6) Western (6) Bollywood (5) Live Blog (5) Parody (5) Disaster (4) Family (4) France (4) LGBTQ (4) Mila Kunis (4) Mockumentary (4) Thailand (4) biography (4) germany (4) mythology (4) subtitles (4) Chile (3) Douchestache (3) Fighting (3) Party (3) Politics (3) Sweden (3) Tasty (3) Africa (2) Australia (2) Dance (2) Food (2) Indonesia (2) Mexico (2) Noir (2) Philippines (2) Quick Hits (2) Travel (2) Werewolves (2) Brazil (1) Canada (1) Dutch (1) Finland (1) Gynmastics (1) Ireland (1) Netherlands (1) New Zealand (1) Road Trip (1) Russia (1) cooking (1) serbia (1) witches (1) wrestling (1)