Edison Force - 2005


Upon discovering a den of corrupt policemen, a fresh-faced journalist makes a shaky allies in a jaded reporter and investigator for a powerful district attorney.

Classic Corrupt police force vs journalist story. Believing himself to be a good writer, timberlake searches for that one story that would make his career. Said story land in his lap and he runs with it. Unfortunately, the police have a good thing going and they won't let him ruin it. So he becomes public (private) enemy #1 and eventually learns the dark side of journalism.

In one scene, he is accosted outside of a night club. My only thought was, "daaammnn." Either McDermott is a super strong cop or Timberlake's girl can't take a punch. Comatose. Either way, the camera dude immediately cut to out her medic alert bracelet.

That's a baaaadd man.


This movie boasted a nearly all star cast. Plenty of heavyweights, yet it went straight to DVD.
Just look at this cast list:

Morgan freeman
Kevin Spacey
LL Cool J
Dylan McDermott
Justin Timberlake
Cary Elwes
Roslyn Sanchez
Piper Perabo

So...yeah. I had to watch it. I couldn't understand how a movie with all of this star power went straight to DVD. After I watched it. I understood. Freeman and Spacey carry with them a certain cinematic weight which can bring a film legitimacy. Specifically, Freeman's presence is intense. In one scene when he's berating Timberlake's character, and eventually fires him, I felt like he fired me. I was seriously depressed for like 1 min. Unfortunately, none of that weight helped this film. LL Cool J is always himself in these movies, so he wasn't the issue. It came down to three things: plot, direction and Timberlake. Sadly, I get the plot, I do. But things could have been made clearer. Idk exactly what they were trying to accomplish but something felt... off.


Out of 10? 5.5 

I want to say six, but I didn't enjoy it all that much. And curiosity plus it's cast list was the only reason I checked it out. I don't feel letdown, it was just about what I expected and part of this grade was due to the 5 minute scene of Morgan Freeman dancing. Dude was getting down. But here's the thing, as funny as that was to watch, I never want to see anything like that again. Morgan fucking freeman should not be dancing.

Lucky for me, unfortunate for you, I can't find that clip, so I've attached this one instead:




Violence? Yes. Corrupt Cops bring the Pain!!!
Explosions? No
Nudity? I think there was a scene in a strip club, but don't quote me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Action (231) horror (179) 3-Star (178) thriller (143) comedy (132) International (109) 2-Star (103) Drama (98) Sucks (96) Sci-Fi (80) 4-Star (78) Crime (72) Supernatural (62) Animated (58) Adaptation (52) original (47) Awesome (43) Dark Comedy (42) Cult Fave (41) Karate (38) Art (37) Teens (37) 1-Star (36) TV (36) gun play (35) Mystery (34) fantasy (34) 5-Star (33) Girl Power (32) independent (31) Killer Animals (29) Listed (29) Asia (28) Revenge (28) Subway (28) infected (26) BadAss (23) B-Movie (19) Creepy Kid (18) Support (18) Grindhouse (17) Swords (17) thoughts (17) Adventure (16) Found Footage (16) Romance (16) documentary (16) Ensemble (15) Police (15) Remake (15) BBC (14) Japan (13) Marvel (13) Aliens (12) China (12) True-ish (12) Vampires (12) War (12) DC (11) Holiday (11) Reality (11) lists (11) BLOG (10) British (10) Hitmen (10) Korea (10) Retro (10) Director (8) History (8) Monsters (8) Ninja (8) Future (7) Jail (7) Message (7) Mobsters (7) Musical (7) Spain (7) Sports (7) anthology (7) rant (7) Englund (6) Spy (6) Western (6) Bollywood (5) Live Blog (5) Parody (5) Disaster (4) Family (4) France (4) LGBTQ (4) Mila Kunis (4) Mockumentary (4) Thailand (4) biography (4) germany (4) mythology (4) subtitles (4) Chile (3) Douchestache (3) Fighting (3) Party (3) Politics (3) Sweden (3) Tasty (3) Africa (2) Australia (2) Dance (2) Food (2) Indonesia (2) Mexico (2) Noir (2) Philippines (2) Quick Hits (2) Travel (2) Werewolves (2) Brazil (1) Canada (1) Dutch (1) Finland (1) Gynmastics (1) Ireland (1) Netherlands (1) New Zealand (1) Road Trip (1) Russia (1) cooking (1) serbia (1) witches (1) wrestling (1)