L.A. screenwriter David Sumner relocates with his wife to her hometown in the deep South. There, while tensions build between them, a brewing conflict with locals becomes a threat to them both.
Sigh...
If you'll indulge me, I'd like to take a moment to discuss James Marsden and his typcasting.
Marsden, who I'm sure is a nice guy in real life, has been playing pussy characters since his film debut. dude is officially typecast as "pussy male #1." Let's take a brief look at his filmography:
Straw Dogs - Pussy Writer
X men - Pussy Superhero
Superman - Lois Lane's pussy husband
27 Dresses - Pussy love interest
Enchanted - Pussy Prince Charming
Are you sensing a pattern here? I can't be the only one.
Oh Yeah baby, put it in. Daddy likes...
...for the Ladies...
Moving on, the movie was okay, just plodding along and not being significant. Then they introduced a bear trap. The minute I saw it, I know out would come into play. he asked to have out wall mounted. My excitement grew exponentially. Someone's head was going through a fucking bear trap!!! But no. in another letdown, the trap was taken off of the wall and slammed on the villain's head. Wtf? I can tolerate that, but He's still a pussy. granted straw dogs was not a horror movie, but as revenge/self defense fantasy, why not go all the way and shove his fucking head in there?
Oh hey, look its James Woods. And he's in a little hat:
Out of ten? 6.5
Very, very slow build, but when you reach the climax, shit picks up quickly. tensions finally boil over and violence is the name of the game.Violence? Yeah, but boy do they ever they make you wait for it.
Explosions? No.
Nudity? Teased, none delivered








0 comments:
Post a Comment