No More Sales


 



So, a grand total four of my designs were pulled from my Redbubble site due to DMCA/Copyright claims. The Issue with that is, if my designs are infringing, everyone's designs are infringing. I'm using the same characters as the other artists. What makes my work so much different from everyone else's?

Anyway, below is the conversation I've had with them and while I've cut both of our responses a bit short, I tried to keep them on point:

RB: We are contacting you in accordance with Redbubble's IP/Publicity Rights Policy and as a result of having received a complaint in relation to the following content...If you would like to send a counter notice please email the required information above to dmca@redbubble.com

This was the fourth notice that I have received and the third in 2 weeks. 

KC: How do I know that these are legit requests that you've received? In addition, can I see a copy of these claims that have been made against my work? Are you actively removing everything that contains the characters referenced in my work?

RB: Thank you for contacting Redbubble! This automated response is to confirm that we have received your message. 

It goes on to explain the rights of content owners and seller according to the DMCA (Digital Millennium Copyright Act) being that a "bona fide rights owner or licensee" can make a claim against a work but must provide "information" proving that they represent who they say they represent. As a seller, we're allowed to counterclaim as parody or fair use and we have a legal right to sell.

KC: I'd like to know who can answer my questions and who specifically are making these claims.

RB: Hi, there. Thanks for being a valued member of our artist community. Redbubble has moderated the content in accordance with the DMCA as it was named in a complaint from the WWE...We have a legal obligation to act on reports filed in accordance with our IP/Publicity Rights Policy where content is specifically named. If you believe this report was in error or should not apply to your work...

KC: And who made the claim to the [other three designs]? Can you see why I may be upset? I understand your position, but considering the copious amounts of similar designs (which may or may not use the same characters) that are still being offered for sale, I'm beginning to feel as if I'm being unjustly targeted.

In the end, I've decided It isn't worth the hassle and I've cancelled my account. You don't have to respond to this email, but you should consider having some plan in place in case it's determined that these notices are false as some have proven to be.

Thanks again.

-----------------------------------------


So, effective Immediately, I will no longer be selling my designs on the Redbubble website. I'll keep posting designs to the blog, but until I find some other way to get them printed, you'll only be able to aadmire them from afar. I'd apologize for any inconvenience, but none of you were shopping for my designs anyway.


The WWE has been known to hit people regarding their "property." So I'm not too upset about the Emma shirt. The information I was looking for came after I had already closed the account. 
 
Here are the Four designs that were pulled:

 
http://www.redbubble.com/people/artsaldersson/works/11871583-do-the-bender
 
 



2 comments:

  1. Try Zazzle. I know they do prints. Never looked into it more than that though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I may take orders here on the blog.
      I'll figure something out.

      Delete

Labels

Action (231) horror (179) 3-Star (178) thriller (143) comedy (132) International (109) 2-Star (103) Drama (98) Sucks (96) Sci-Fi (80) 4-Star (78) Crime (72) Supernatural (62) Animated (58) Adaptation (52) original (47) Awesome (43) Dark Comedy (42) Cult Fave (41) Karate (38) Art (37) Teens (37) 1-Star (36) TV (36) gun play (35) Mystery (34) fantasy (34) 5-Star (33) Girl Power (32) independent (31) Killer Animals (29) Listed (29) Asia (28) Revenge (28) Subway (28) infected (26) BadAss (23) B-Movie (19) Creepy Kid (18) Support (18) Grindhouse (17) Swords (17) thoughts (17) Adventure (16) Found Footage (16) Romance (16) documentary (16) Ensemble (15) Police (15) Remake (15) BBC (14) Japan (13) Marvel (13) Aliens (12) China (12) True-ish (12) Vampires (12) War (12) DC (11) Holiday (11) Reality (11) lists (11) BLOG (10) British (10) Hitmen (10) Korea (10) Retro (10) Director (8) History (8) Monsters (8) Ninja (8) Future (7) Jail (7) Message (7) Mobsters (7) Musical (7) Spain (7) Sports (7) anthology (7) rant (7) Englund (6) Spy (6) Western (6) Bollywood (5) Live Blog (5) Parody (5) Disaster (4) Family (4) France (4) LGBTQ (4) Mila Kunis (4) Mockumentary (4) Thailand (4) biography (4) germany (4) mythology (4) subtitles (4) Chile (3) Douchestache (3) Fighting (3) Party (3) Politics (3) Sweden (3) Tasty (3) Africa (2) Australia (2) Dance (2) Food (2) Indonesia (2) Mexico (2) Noir (2) Philippines (2) Quick Hits (2) Travel (2) Werewolves (2) Brazil (1) Canada (1) Dutch (1) Finland (1) Gynmastics (1) Ireland (1) Netherlands (1) New Zealand (1) Road Trip (1) Russia (1) cooking (1) serbia (1) witches (1) wrestling (1)