I don't care what anyone else says, this movie sucked. (via)
Set in the Wild West, a group of "settlers" try to survive when confronted with giant mutated bugs. How will the old west deal with a giant mutant insect invasion? I'm still waiting for an answer.
Our hero, a Simon Baker(The Mentalist) look-alike, was a man about to be hanged for train robbery when the first bug attacked. He's forced to work with Rose a bounty hunter, who is quick with a gun, fast with her
mouth, all around badass, and determined to bring him in when its over. Since the first attack we don't learn much about his or anyone else's history as they've all been consumed with finding a way to either get
past or destroy the bugs.
Are they not the same person?
And speaking of which, The bugs seem content to dig for the 1st hour alone. They're big, they're ugly and all they do is dig. When more of the story is revealed, it turns out they are digging for uranium. People
are killed occasionally, but that's only because giant bugs supposed to kill. (It is in their contract.)
I don't know what I was expecting when I sat down to watch High Plains Invaders and I still don't really know what I got either. I thought this movie would be dope. I like the concept and I thought I'd get a lot more than what I got. A giant bug movie set in the wild west would be so bad its good or actually good, but this one was neither. Just poorly executed trash. (I figure that maybe in the Wild, Wild West it would be better?) I wouldn't recommend this movie and I wish I could get my two hours back.
Skip it and pretend you've never read this or heard of this peace of crap.
Violence? Yes. Whenever the bugs do attack.
Explosions? Good old Dynamite. Gotta love it.
Nudity? Nope.





0 comments:
Post a Comment