Coopers' Christmas (2008)



Using a professional grade video camera, a dysfunctional family records their Christmas Day in 1985, which descends into total chaos.


The Daily Show's Jason Jones and Samantha Bee star in this found footage style low budget christmas comedy.

This movie has all the embarrassing xmas moments and it is set in 1985 which adds to the ridiculous of the flick. Awkward boners, pop culture flubs, vulgar moments. There's even cranky old people. And maybe because I watched it late at night, the funny was enhanced, but this was another flick that I found funnier than I expected.

Stay quotes:
-On a scale of 1-10, how drunk are you? Um...C-minus?
-Can Heather come? I want Heather to come. Well then, you gotta use your fingers, kid.

Classic.

Out of 10? Solid 6.5
Maybe I was in the Christmas spirit when I saw this, or maybe it just wasn't a bad movie.


Violence? Typical family reunion holiday violence
Explosions? Nope
Nudity? Nope
Blu-Ray/DVD?  Dvd if you must. I don't think I'd buy it, but I wouldn't be upset if I saw it in someone's collection.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Action (231) horror (179) 3-Star (178) thriller (143) comedy (132) International (109) 2-Star (103) Drama (98) Sucks (96) Sci-Fi (80) 4-Star (78) Crime (72) Supernatural (62) Animated (58) Adaptation (52) original (47) Awesome (43) Dark Comedy (42) Cult Fave (41) Karate (38) Art (37) Teens (37) 1-Star (36) TV (36) gun play (35) Mystery (34) fantasy (34) 5-Star (33) Girl Power (32) independent (31) Killer Animals (29) Listed (29) Asia (28) Revenge (28) Subway (28) infected (26) BadAss (23) B-Movie (19) Creepy Kid (18) Support (18) Grindhouse (17) Swords (17) thoughts (17) Adventure (16) Found Footage (16) Romance (16) documentary (16) Ensemble (15) Police (15) Remake (15) BBC (14) Japan (13) Marvel (13) Aliens (12) China (12) True-ish (12) Vampires (12) War (12) DC (11) Holiday (11) Reality (11) lists (11) BLOG (10) British (10) Hitmen (10) Korea (10) Retro (10) Director (8) History (8) Monsters (8) Ninja (8) Future (7) Jail (7) Message (7) Mobsters (7) Musical (7) Spain (7) Sports (7) anthology (7) rant (7) Englund (6) Spy (6) Western (6) Bollywood (5) Live Blog (5) Parody (5) Disaster (4) Family (4) France (4) LGBTQ (4) Mila Kunis (4) Mockumentary (4) Thailand (4) biography (4) germany (4) mythology (4) subtitles (4) Chile (3) Douchestache (3) Fighting (3) Party (3) Politics (3) Sweden (3) Tasty (3) Africa (2) Australia (2) Dance (2) Food (2) Indonesia (2) Mexico (2) Noir (2) Philippines (2) Quick Hits (2) Travel (2) Werewolves (2) Brazil (1) Canada (1) Dutch (1) Finland (1) Gynmastics (1) Ireland (1) Netherlands (1) New Zealand (1) Road Trip (1) Russia (1) cooking (1) serbia (1) witches (1) wrestling (1)