The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret (2010) [TV Series]


The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret, follows the American bloke Todd Margaret (Cross), a compulsive liar lacking any sense of good judgment who finds himself in London heading up the sales office of a new energy drink, Thunder Muscle.

Arrested Development alum David Cross, stars as Todd Margaret, a man who means well yet is in way over his head as a fish out of water American in England. I've been hearing good things about this show, but I've blatantly dismissed it, partially based on it's ridiculously long title. However, after watching the first season, I can say that this fucking show is hilarious and I've been caught out there sleeping.





Sharon Horgan of Pulling, and Blake Harrison of The Inbetweeners (Two famous BBC shows people seem to love-[look for a review soon- ed.]) anchor the British side of this comedy. Will Arnett (Also of Arrested Development) completes the team as Todd's equally inept asshole boss.

I've never seen a show given a more appropriate title. Todd Margaret is a man far too deep into his lies to be honest. As a result, his decisions are increasingly poor with often hilarious results. It should be noted that in a rare feat, season 1 has a coherent/sequential story line and actually gets funnier as it continues.

It should also be noted that this series is produced/falls under the BBC who, if I haven't mentioned before, puts out quality work. If I had been aware of this bit of trivia, I definitely would have checked it out sooner.

The Increasingly Poor Decisions of Todd Margaret (Season 1) is currently available on Netflix Instant Watch.

Just because I can, here's a clip:



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Action (231) horror (179) 3-Star (178) thriller (143) comedy (132) International (109) 2-Star (103) Drama (98) Sucks (96) Sci-Fi (80) 4-Star (78) Crime (72) Supernatural (62) Animated (58) Adaptation (52) original (47) Awesome (43) Dark Comedy (42) Cult Fave (41) Karate (38) Art (37) Teens (37) 1-Star (36) TV (36) gun play (35) Mystery (34) fantasy (34) 5-Star (33) Girl Power (32) independent (31) Killer Animals (29) Listed (29) Asia (28) Revenge (28) Subway (28) infected (26) BadAss (23) B-Movie (19) Creepy Kid (18) Support (18) Grindhouse (17) Swords (17) thoughts (17) Adventure (16) Found Footage (16) Romance (16) documentary (16) Ensemble (15) Police (15) Remake (15) BBC (14) Japan (13) Marvel (13) Aliens (12) China (12) True-ish (12) Vampires (12) War (12) DC (11) Holiday (11) Reality (11) lists (11) BLOG (10) British (10) Hitmen (10) Korea (10) Retro (10) Director (8) History (8) Monsters (8) Ninja (8) Future (7) Jail (7) Message (7) Mobsters (7) Musical (7) Spain (7) Sports (7) anthology (7) rant (7) Englund (6) Spy (6) Western (6) Bollywood (5) Live Blog (5) Parody (5) Disaster (4) Family (4) France (4) LGBTQ (4) Mila Kunis (4) Mockumentary (4) Thailand (4) biography (4) germany (4) mythology (4) subtitles (4) Chile (3) Douchestache (3) Fighting (3) Party (3) Politics (3) Sweden (3) Tasty (3) Africa (2) Australia (2) Dance (2) Food (2) Indonesia (2) Mexico (2) Noir (2) Philippines (2) Quick Hits (2) Travel (2) Werewolves (2) Brazil (1) Canada (1) Dutch (1) Finland (1) Gynmastics (1) Ireland (1) Netherlands (1) New Zealand (1) Road Trip (1) Russia (1) cooking (1) serbia (1) witches (1) wrestling (1)