I've told a few people about this site and every now and then, I seek out their opinions. I'm always open to constructive criticism, and I'm always looking to improve the site. The other day I had a discussion with a very good friend of mine (you can read his blog here) and not in so many words, we came to the conclusion that my scores are inconsistent. [I agree with this to an extent. Based on my own bias' I may score so film higher or lower. Fuck you, I'm human.]
So, thinking about this in my drunken stupor, [Wait, did I mention I was drunk? Because I was. Fuck you, I'm human!] I realized that--while subject to my bias'-- the grades I give are not really inconsistent, it's just that I've never explained what each score really means. So, To clarify things a bit, I've written an explanation of my rating system. I'm hoping to make the grades seem more consistent, and logical.
The Official Flicks'N'Pics Rating Scale:
1-4. The Worst of the worst.
Very rarely will you see any film with this grade. Perfectly acceptable film to rip apart with a group of friends, but otherwise, if you see anything in this range, my suggestion to you is avoid avoid avoid.
5. Barely passing.
Means you can talk about it if it ever comes up in conversation, but you'll never admit to it seeing it otherwise. A 5 is like a decent bad movie with good parts. Just good enough to avoid a 4, still crappy enough to not deserve a 6.
6. Most films get this score. Means it is average. Nothing special, nothing more and nothing less.
The film still has flaws, but you can tell people you watched it and not feel ashamed. These are films to watch if you have nothing better to do or films suitable to watch with a lady because if shit pops off, you won't feel bad if you miss anything.
7. Better than expected and worth recommending, but admittedly, not for everybody. THERE will be something in this film that you will not like or something that you feel will drag down the quality.
8. Way Above average. high quality films with few flaws. Highly Recommendable.
These are the films that most people would give a 10. I judge a bit harsher because I hate when a hyped film doesn't deliver.
9. Better than an 8, but unfortunately doesn't deserve a 10. I don't think I've ever given a nine. Most of the films I rate don't get higher than an 8.
10. Solid film. Excellent all around.and highly recommended.
You'll see an 8 on this site More often than you'll see a 10. I rarely if ever drop a 10. The film has to be damn near perfect.
**Also, for future reference, this list will also be available by clicking the "Ratings Explained" link on the right side of this post.**
Rating scale
Saturday, March 17, 2012
No comments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Labels
Action
(231)
horror
(179)
3-Star
(178)
thriller
(143)
comedy
(132)
International
(109)
2-Star
(103)
Drama
(98)
Sucks
(96)
Sci-Fi
(80)
4-Star
(78)
Crime
(72)
Supernatural
(62)
Animated
(58)
Adaptation
(52)
original
(47)
Awesome
(43)
Dark Comedy
(42)
Cult Fave
(41)
Karate
(38)
Art
(37)
Teens
(37)
1-Star
(36)
TV
(36)
gun play
(35)
Mystery
(34)
fantasy
(34)
5-Star
(33)
Girl Power
(32)
independent
(31)
Killer Animals
(29)
Listed
(29)
Asia
(28)
Revenge
(28)
Subway
(28)
infected
(26)
BadAss
(23)
B-Movie
(19)
Creepy Kid
(18)
Support
(18)
Grindhouse
(17)
Swords
(17)
thoughts
(17)
Adventure
(16)
Found Footage
(16)
Romance
(16)
documentary
(16)
Ensemble
(15)
Police
(15)
Remake
(15)
BBC
(14)
Japan
(13)
Marvel
(13)
Aliens
(12)
China
(12)
True-ish
(12)
Vampires
(12)
War
(12)
DC
(11)
Holiday
(11)
Reality
(11)
lists
(11)
BLOG
(10)
British
(10)
Hitmen
(10)
Korea
(10)
Retro
(10)
Director
(8)
History
(8)
Monsters
(8)
Ninja
(8)
Future
(7)
Jail
(7)
Message
(7)
Mobsters
(7)
Musical
(7)
Spain
(7)
Sports
(7)
anthology
(7)
rant
(7)
Englund
(6)
Spy
(6)
Western
(6)
Bollywood
(5)
Live Blog
(5)
Parody
(5)
Disaster
(4)
Family
(4)
France
(4)
LGBTQ
(4)
Mila Kunis
(4)
Mockumentary
(4)
Thailand
(4)
biography
(4)
germany
(4)
mythology
(4)
subtitles
(4)
Chile
(3)
Douchestache
(3)
Fighting
(3)
Party
(3)
Politics
(3)
Sweden
(3)
Tasty
(3)
Africa
(2)
Australia
(2)
Dance
(2)
Food
(2)
Indonesia
(2)
Mexico
(2)
Noir
(2)
Philippines
(2)
Quick Hits
(2)
Travel
(2)
Werewolves
(2)
Brazil
(1)
Canada
(1)
Dutch
(1)
Finland
(1)
Gynmastics
(1)
Ireland
(1)
Netherlands
(1)
New Zealand
(1)
Road Trip
(1)
Russia
(1)
cooking
(1)
serbia
(1)
witches
(1)
wrestling
(1)




0 comments:
Post a Comment