Sigh. This movie is beyond clunky
If you haven't seen this movie by now, all you need to understand is that the movie is about 2 hours too long. and in those two hours, you will see about 1hr of Ahnold wearing a loin cloth and fucking shit up, and about another hour of needless drama.
You know how I know he's a barbarian? Only barbarians would punch out camels.
I guess it was better in it's day, but I don't feel like it holds up well at all. The writing is ridiculous and there's an unnecessary amount of dialogue between action scenes and that forces this flick to get way too boring too quickly. At the time, Arnold wasn't good for talking. And let's face it, the movie was to showcase his awesome physique. So then why the long running time? Could he not have fucked shit up in 90minutes?
Anyway, with all that being said, I'm not going to rate the film. I realize that it was made in a different time. So it would be unfair to compare it to any more recent film, excluding the 2011 Remake. I might do that later.
Now, for no good reason, here's a pic of James Earl Jones as Thulsa Doom. The Evil Snake Barbarian Warlord.

"James, we just came up with some new lines for yo- oh, nevermind."
Explosions? No
Nudity? The women of that time only believed in orgies and being topless when they weren't in an orgy.





LMFAO @ "Now, for no good reason, here's a pic of James Earl Jones as Thulsa Doom. The Evil Snake Barbarian Warlord."
ReplyDeleteComedy