When a rampaging two-ton crocodile with an insatiable appetite is set loose in the city, it's up to the army to hunt down the ravenous breast.
Two men, the police officer in charge of the area and the original owner hunted and caught the croc. At the expense of the owners life. No armies were involved and it wasn't rampaging. In fact, Croczilla was a very simple movie. The animal was about to be killed, broke free, headed home scared and everything in its path was deemed a threat.
Surprisingly, this monster wasn't created by science and I'm actually thankful for that. They say that the crocodile farmer treated them like children and that's how things played out. A father trying to control his son and being forced to put him down when control isn't an option. It was effectively humanized and viewed from that angle, Croczilla is better than most other killer animal movies. But the title and plot are misleading. The film also lacks the silly action that the genre is known for. It plays it straight and while that does work, a few tweaks here and there and it's instantly better, but I read that plot and I think that someone wanted this to be a different movie that what it was.
Maybe I watched the wrong movie, but does this look like a two-ton threat to Japan?
Stray Quotage:
"I've got money, I'm not alone." (aka the rich people mantra)
Violence? Yes
Explosions? No
Nudity? Little Chinese dick (I'm so uncomfortable)
Explosions? No
Nudity? Little Chinese dick (I'm so uncomfortable)







0 comments:
Post a Comment