** Killer Frogs are #4 on the Most Wanted Killer Animal List***
When a millionaire who kills any animal that moves on his island estate refuses to mend his ways, the swamp critters mete out some amphibian justice.
Pickett Smith is nearly killed by Clint and his sister Karen during a day out on the river. They take him to their grandfather's island to dry off and invite him to their family's picnic to atone. The old man, Jason, is very impatient and is looking for a way to get rid of the frogs as they have seemingly infested his island and have become a nuisance to him and his family. He believes that man is the master of all and he has a kill em all attitude.
Pickett posits that nature is trying to get back at him, but that's quickly dismissed although the island is surrounded by frogs (a fact which the film reminds us of after and sometimes during every scene) who stare and croak ominously and his family is picked off one by one.
My main concern with a movie like this was, "How exactly will the frogs kill?" And I got my answer. They croak in unison which is apparently just enough to give an old man a heart attack.
Here's s list of everything that kills or is implied to have killed in this movie:
Snakes, Tarantulas, Komodo Dragons, Lizards, Leeches, Alligators, Iguanas. Even a goddamn turtle got in on the action along with land (swamp?) Crabs and Birds
Here's a list of everything that hasn't:
Frogs.
The frogs were more ringleaders than killers. Every other animal seemed to be acting under their command, but I was promised killer frogs goddammit! Those other animals were supposed to be a appetizer not the meat and potatoes. I feel so cheated. Damn the 70s! With their bell bottoms and their disco. Damn you to hell!!!!
Killer Frogs were on my most wanted list. I was excited to see this. I can't even cross it off. I feel that wouldn't be fair. I can't believe how it under delivered.
Violence? No?
Explosions? No
Nudity? No
Explosions? No
Nudity? No





0 comments:
Post a Comment