Mimesis: Night of the Living Dead (2011)



A group of horror fans find themselves unwilling participants in a nightmarish role playing game that pays homage to a classic horror film.

8 people are drugged at a party following a horror convention and awake to find that they are in what appears to be a real life remake of The Living Dead (1968) and they'll have to uncover the mystery of how and why to survive.

It took me a woke to figure out which film they were in, but I got into the movie more after I did and one of the dopest moments is the realization that they are unconsciously acting out the movie while simultaneously watching it. [Yes I know it's in the title, jerk. I'm an idiot. That much is certain.]

There's a lot more to Mimesis than what's on the surface. It's actually a very interesting film and while I don't recall exactly why I wanted to see this movie, I found myself pleasantly surprised. It isn't a game changer, but it is an original film that works for fans of the genre. Sid Haig is in the film. Almost any film is made better with his inclusion and I want to give a special shoutout to NBA Superstar Mark Jackson for helping out with the film.

Fuck Yeah, Sid Haig! Wait, is that mustard on your shirt, bro?

Early 20s Mark Jackson heroically carries this film to 3 stars


Violence? Yes
Explosions? Yes
Nudity? No

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Labels

Action (231) horror (179) 3-Star (178) thriller (143) comedy (132) International (109) 2-Star (103) Drama (98) Sucks (96) Sci-Fi (80) 4-Star (78) Crime (72) Supernatural (62) Animated (58) Adaptation (52) original (47) Awesome (43) Dark Comedy (42) Cult Fave (41) Karate (38) Art (37) Teens (37) 1-Star (36) TV (36) gun play (35) Mystery (34) fantasy (34) 5-Star (33) Girl Power (32) independent (31) Killer Animals (29) Listed (29) Asia (28) Revenge (28) Subway (28) infected (26) BadAss (23) B-Movie (19) Creepy Kid (18) Support (18) Grindhouse (17) Swords (17) thoughts (17) Adventure (16) Found Footage (16) Romance (16) documentary (16) Ensemble (15) Police (15) Remake (15) BBC (14) Japan (13) Marvel (13) Aliens (12) China (12) True-ish (12) Vampires (12) War (12) DC (11) Holiday (11) Reality (11) lists (11) BLOG (10) British (10) Hitmen (10) Korea (10) Retro (10) Director (8) History (8) Monsters (8) Ninja (8) Future (7) Jail (7) Message (7) Mobsters (7) Musical (7) Spain (7) Sports (7) anthology (7) rant (7) Englund (6) Spy (6) Western (6) Bollywood (5) Live Blog (5) Parody (5) Disaster (4) Family (4) France (4) LGBTQ (4) Mila Kunis (4) Mockumentary (4) Thailand (4) biography (4) germany (4) mythology (4) subtitles (4) Chile (3) Douchestache (3) Fighting (3) Party (3) Politics (3) Sweden (3) Tasty (3) Africa (2) Australia (2) Dance (2) Food (2) Indonesia (2) Mexico (2) Noir (2) Philippines (2) Quick Hits (2) Travel (2) Werewolves (2) Brazil (1) Canada (1) Dutch (1) Finland (1) Gynmastics (1) Ireland (1) Netherlands (1) New Zealand (1) Road Trip (1) Russia (1) cooking (1) serbia (1) witches (1) wrestling (1)