After being setup, the A-Team escapes from military prison, and make moves to clear their names. Not surprisingly, they threw in a few callbacks to the original show, including usings syringes to knock out B.A., the theme song, and a reference to Mexico(the 1st episode). For some odd reason however, they also decided to include a love story, and the mind boggling subplot of B.A. losing his "Bad Attitude." What? Why?
Anyway, as a whole, the team suffers from rampant over-characterization. It seems they went out of their way to make Murdoch look/appear/act crazy and Face becomes even more persuasive. Somehow getting a large
cell with a spa and tanning booth while in a military prison. I've already touched on the Rampage Jackson casting, but I did like Liam Neeson's performance. Calm, cool, and collected, Hannibal was always a badass and even though Neeson plays him a bit too cheesy, it still works for this flick.
I'm thinking The A-Team was purposely designed to be an over the top popcorn flick. It had to be. Viewed in that sense, I could see how one would enjoy it. Personally, I think it was a bit much. But what do I know?
Violence? Yep, but In 2hrs, only 1 guy dies.
Explosions? You betcha!
Nudity? Nope.





0 comments:
Post a Comment