OldBoy is a solid Asian revenge flick.
The gist of the flick is this:
Kidnapped and Imprisoned for 15 years, Oh Dae-Su, trains himself to fight, escapes, and is hell bent on uncovering the identity of the one who put him away.
As a captive, Oh Dae-Su, who transforms himself from portly drunken loser to legit street fighter, and through the course of the movie, he wrecks shop on his path to vengeance. Even going through an army of thugs while using one single solitary hammer. The only thing he wants is the revelation of who and why. When he gets the answers he seeks, it gives the movie another layer of bad assery and shows you the villain is not one to be fucked with either.
Now, I had heard much about Oldboy and everything that I had heard was positive, so I figured why not check it out? OldBoy is part of what people in the know call "The Vengeance Trilogy." A series of films by Chan-Wook Park in which a character is screwed somehow, seeks bloody revenge and won't stop until they get it. For the record, the other two are Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance and Sympathy for Lady Vengeance and while I've seen all three, this one would definitely make my collection.
If you're into revenge flicks and or Asian Cinema, I definitely recommend OldBoy.
Violence? Yes. Revenge style violence.
Explosions? Nope
Nudity? Nope
Credit: Impawards





0 comments:
Post a Comment