Poster via (Imp Awards)
I thought the movie was decent and well done. Nearly every scene with the Phantom (when he wasn't singing) was actually pretty good. What I didn't agree with was the length. I thought the characters were good and played their roles as good as can be expected given the source material.
The movie/musical is a love story at its core. The phantom is one bad mofo and his scenes (minus the ones at the end) do just enough to keep you entertained. [He even has his own theme so you know when he's about to appear.] If you are watching this alone, get a girl to justify your actions. If you are watching this with a female, and she's into this, chances are, you'll get laid. Especially if you stayed awake.
[Fun fact: in this version, Gerard "This.Is.Spartaaa!!!" Butler played the role of the Phantom, and sings his own songs as well.]
Violence? Very mild
Explosions? None to be found
Nudity? *sigh* Nope. You would think they would throw us a titty for our troubles, but, still, no.




0 comments:
Post a Comment