Drive - 2011


A Hollywood stunt performer who moonlights as a wheelman discovers that a contract has been put on him after a heist gone wrong. - IMDB


Before watching this, whenever I saw Ryan Gosling, I only thought of soft things, like pillows and stuffed bears n such. After watching drive, I'm digging the new tough guy persona. I won't be thinking of him as soft for quite some time.




In this increasingly pussified country we live in, bad ass films are a rarity. Drive is a purely bad ass film. Fast Cars, guns, violence, gangsters, titty. Everything. They basically took all the stuff a guy film should have, and included it, without stuffing it down our throats. It's all in there. And Anchoring this movie? Ryan fucking Gosling.

A trailer doesn't do this flick justice, so I'm attaching a clip.



Well done Ryan Gosling, you've made a fan of me.



Violence? Pfft. Yes.
Explosions? Maybe, but it's really not that type of movie.
Nudity? There's a little something...

2 comments:

  1. I've been hearing a lot about this movie (when it first came out and still)...think I might have to make that move and check this out. Dope chase scene by the way. Can't say I believe that a 300 is going to go toe to toe with a Mustang, but still a dope scene nonetheless

    ReplyDelete
  2. All hype aside, I just feel like Drive is a no bullshit film. Movies lately have been crap but this one stands out, and I guess that's why I appreciate it more.

    As for the chase scene...that's Hollywood.
    They probably removed the speed limiter on the 300.

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Action (231) horror (179) 3-Star (178) thriller (143) comedy (132) International (109) 2-Star (103) Drama (98) Sucks (96) Sci-Fi (80) 4-Star (78) Crime (72) Supernatural (62) Animated (58) Adaptation (52) original (47) Awesome (43) Dark Comedy (42) Cult Fave (41) Karate (38) Art (37) Teens (37) 1-Star (36) TV (36) gun play (35) Mystery (34) fantasy (34) 5-Star (33) Girl Power (32) independent (31) Killer Animals (29) Listed (29) Asia (28) Revenge (28) Subway (28) infected (26) BadAss (23) B-Movie (19) Creepy Kid (18) Support (18) Grindhouse (17) Swords (17) thoughts (17) Adventure (16) Found Footage (16) Romance (16) documentary (16) Ensemble (15) Police (15) Remake (15) BBC (14) Japan (13) Marvel (13) Aliens (12) China (12) True-ish (12) Vampires (12) War (12) DC (11) Holiday (11) Reality (11) lists (11) BLOG (10) British (10) Hitmen (10) Korea (10) Retro (10) Director (8) History (8) Monsters (8) Ninja (8) Future (7) Jail (7) Message (7) Mobsters (7) Musical (7) Spain (7) Sports (7) anthology (7) rant (7) Englund (6) Spy (6) Western (6) Bollywood (5) Live Blog (5) Parody (5) Disaster (4) Family (4) France (4) LGBTQ (4) Mila Kunis (4) Mockumentary (4) Thailand (4) biography (4) germany (4) mythology (4) subtitles (4) Chile (3) Douchestache (3) Fighting (3) Party (3) Politics (3) Sweden (3) Tasty (3) Africa (2) Australia (2) Dance (2) Food (2) Indonesia (2) Mexico (2) Noir (2) Philippines (2) Quick Hits (2) Travel (2) Werewolves (2) Brazil (1) Canada (1) Dutch (1) Finland (1) Gynmastics (1) Ireland (1) Netherlands (1) New Zealand (1) Road Trip (1) Russia (1) cooking (1) serbia (1) witches (1) wrestling (1)