The Dead - 2010



When the last evacuation flight out of war-torn Africa crashes off the coast, American Air Force Engineer Lieutenant Brian Murphy emerges as the sole survivor in a land where the dead are returning to life and attacking the living.


This movie spent more time watching me than the other way around.

The acting is terrible. (It's like everyone is doing their best African Vin Diesel impression) and for a movie about zombies in Africa, you'd think they'd have enough bodies, to not have to kill the same zombie 3 or 4 times.


Hungry Hungry Africans

This has to be one of the worst zombie films that I've tried to watch. It absolutely has to be, and I've seen a lot of Romero films. Smh. To its credit, I managed to get through about 30 minutes. That's 15 minutes longer than I gave Zombie Strippers, so I guess it wasn't that bad.

I refuse to watch the rest of this film, so out of fairness, I won't give it an official score. But fuck everything about this film.


(Unofficial) Out of Ten? 2

2 comments:

  1. This movie was actually quite good and doesn't deserve to be put in same box as that god awful "Survival of the dead".
    - those were not the same zombies. I suspect you think all black people look alike...

    ReplyDelete
  2. This film was far from good. Was it "Survival of the Dead" bad? That's debatable, but they both belong in the same garbage bin.

    If it makes you feel any better, that score is unofficial, so for now SotD is a worse film.

    Also, I don't think all negroes look alike, just all Africans apparently. Especially in this dud.

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Action (231) horror (179) 3-Star (178) thriller (143) comedy (132) International (109) 2-Star (103) Drama (98) Sucks (96) Sci-Fi (80) 4-Star (78) Crime (72) Supernatural (62) Animated (58) Adaptation (52) original (47) Awesome (43) Dark Comedy (42) Cult Fave (41) Karate (38) Art (37) Teens (37) 1-Star (36) TV (36) gun play (35) Mystery (34) fantasy (34) 5-Star (33) Girl Power (32) independent (31) Killer Animals (29) Listed (29) Asia (28) Revenge (28) Subway (28) infected (26) BadAss (23) B-Movie (19) Creepy Kid (18) Support (18) Grindhouse (17) Swords (17) thoughts (17) Adventure (16) Found Footage (16) Romance (16) documentary (16) Ensemble (15) Police (15) Remake (15) BBC (14) Japan (13) Marvel (13) Aliens (12) China (12) True-ish (12) Vampires (12) War (12) DC (11) Holiday (11) Reality (11) lists (11) BLOG (10) British (10) Hitmen (10) Korea (10) Retro (10) Director (8) History (8) Monsters (8) Ninja (8) Future (7) Jail (7) Message (7) Mobsters (7) Musical (7) Spain (7) Sports (7) anthology (7) rant (7) Englund (6) Spy (6) Western (6) Bollywood (5) Live Blog (5) Parody (5) Disaster (4) Family (4) France (4) LGBTQ (4) Mila Kunis (4) Mockumentary (4) Thailand (4) biography (4) germany (4) mythology (4) subtitles (4) Chile (3) Douchestache (3) Fighting (3) Party (3) Politics (3) Sweden (3) Tasty (3) Africa (2) Australia (2) Dance (2) Food (2) Indonesia (2) Mexico (2) Noir (2) Philippines (2) Quick Hits (2) Travel (2) Werewolves (2) Brazil (1) Canada (1) Dutch (1) Finland (1) Gynmastics (1) Ireland (1) Netherlands (1) New Zealand (1) Road Trip (1) Russia (1) cooking (1) serbia (1) witches (1) wrestling (1)