The Waterboy - 1998



Does anyone remember when Adam Sandler wasn't phoning it in? This was made during Sandler's "I can do any nonsense movie but I still care" phase. After watching it again, I realize that not only did he go full retard, he was fucking cats up when he was pissed.




Sigh, The Waterboy...

Ridiculous premise.
Ridiculous accent.
Fun movie.

You've seen it. I don't need to go on.


Also, The Fonz:
Heeyyyyy!

Out of Ten? 8.

Violence? Football
Explosions? No
Nudity? No
Blu-Ray/DVD? Personally, I'd say DVD. But why not Blu-Ray? Hi-def doesn't make it any less funny. 

2 comments:

  1. fuckin 10! what's wrong with you?!?
    all time classic!!!
    Sandler's best flick, by far.
    "I'm about to open up a can o whup-ass!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Technically, because this movie dropped before 1999, it shouldn't be rated. I violated my own rules.

    It's good. Damn good. But it doesn't deserve a 10.

    ReplyDelete

Labels

Action (231) horror (179) 3-Star (178) thriller (143) comedy (132) International (109) 2-Star (103) Drama (98) Sucks (96) Sci-Fi (80) 4-Star (78) Crime (72) Supernatural (62) Animated (58) Adaptation (52) original (47) Awesome (43) Dark Comedy (42) Cult Fave (41) Karate (38) Art (37) Teens (37) 1-Star (36) TV (36) gun play (35) Mystery (34) fantasy (34) 5-Star (33) Girl Power (32) independent (31) Killer Animals (29) Listed (29) Asia (28) Revenge (28) Subway (28) infected (26) BadAss (23) B-Movie (19) Creepy Kid (18) Support (18) Grindhouse (17) Swords (17) thoughts (17) Adventure (16) Found Footage (16) Romance (16) documentary (16) Ensemble (15) Police (15) Remake (15) BBC (14) Japan (13) Marvel (13) Aliens (12) China (12) True-ish (12) Vampires (12) War (12) DC (11) Holiday (11) Reality (11) lists (11) BLOG (10) British (10) Hitmen (10) Korea (10) Retro (10) Director (8) History (8) Monsters (8) Ninja (8) Future (7) Jail (7) Message (7) Mobsters (7) Musical (7) Spain (7) Sports (7) anthology (7) rant (7) Englund (6) Spy (6) Western (6) Bollywood (5) Live Blog (5) Parody (5) Disaster (4) Family (4) France (4) LGBTQ (4) Mila Kunis (4) Mockumentary (4) Thailand (4) biography (4) germany (4) mythology (4) subtitles (4) Chile (3) Douchestache (3) Fighting (3) Party (3) Politics (3) Sweden (3) Tasty (3) Africa (2) Australia (2) Dance (2) Food (2) Indonesia (2) Mexico (2) Noir (2) Philippines (2) Quick Hits (2) Travel (2) Werewolves (2) Brazil (1) Canada (1) Dutch (1) Finland (1) Gynmastics (1) Ireland (1) Netherlands (1) New Zealand (1) Road Trip (1) Russia (1) cooking (1) serbia (1) witches (1) wrestling (1)