A true-crime writer finds a cache of 8mm home movies films that suggest the murder he is currently researching is the work of a serial killer whose career dates back to the 1960s.Ellison Oswald, is a selfish asshole and the two most logical people are his wife and the Deputy, who pretty much calls him an idiot to his face for moving there in the first place.
Allow me to explain why he's an asshole:
First of all, his name is Ellison. That's just ridiculous.
Second, he writes true crime fiction and to research and write his latest book, he's moved his family into the former home of The Stevensons, a family of 5 who were hung in the tree in their backyard and who's daughter had gone missing.
He knows damn well that he should never have moved into that house, and when his wife calls him out and explains just that but he's all about finishing his next book and looking towards the money and fame it comes with. She's like, "is it worth sacrificing your wife and kids?" And he's all, "Oh. It must be that time of the month. You're not seeing the bigger picture!"
There's a scene in which his son contorts himself out of a box for fuck's sake! And he wanted to stay in the fucking house?! More importantly, when he left, he took that kid with him?!
Ridiculous.
Sinister fucking sucked. I don't know what I expected. Actually, no. That's a lie. This came from the same dudes that did Insidious and The Conjuring and I guess I had hyped myself up.
It felt disjointed or just not very well put together. Actually, no, it is well put together, there's just something missing. Shit, I figured out the ending within the first 10 min of the movie and I think that may have been the point where I lost interest.
Ladies and Gentleman, The Big Bad a.k.a. Mr. Boogie a.k.a. Ba'Guul a.k.a. The Eater of Children.
Of course, my movie partner thoroughly enjoyed this (she likes crap) and was scared out of her wits. The fact that it scared somebody, is the only reason I'm giving it a two.
Violence? No
Explosions? No
Nudity? No
Explosions? No
Nudity? No









This is NOT something I want to see but the boyfriend is obsessed with these kind of movies. I'm sure I'll be scared as well. That doesn't make it good.
ReplyDeleteMy prediction: You'll be forced to watch it, only to upset him by laughing/pointing out how ridiculous it is.
ReplyDelete