I liked Grindhouse. I think its impact is actually very culturally underrated. Not only did the Tarantino and Rodriguez movies pay homage to the genre, they actually intrigued me enough to go back and watch a few of these flicks, to see what I've been missing.
With that being said, the movies were a commerical flop. Not because they weren't any good. The movies flopped because somebody thought that it would be a good idea to release Grindhouse on Easter-fucking-Weekend. Why and Who The Fuck, thought that would be a good idea is beyond me. Common-Fucking-Sense dictates that no one would go see this type of movie on that weekend.
Easter Weekend is for Jesus, Tyler Perry movies, Pixar movies, or even something involving Queen Latifiah. Not for movies indulging in sex and violence. Duh!
You learned a hard lesson, Hollywood. It upsets me that it came at the expense of two good movies.
Please get your head on straight.
As was once stated in The Big Lebowski, "You don't fuck with The Jesus!"





0 comments:
Post a Comment