I have a problem with Hollywood. Actually, I have a lot of problems with Hollywood, but this one in particular bugs me. Why is it that, in every movie in which there is a Negro President, the world is either destroyed or will be shortly?
Ahem:
The 5th Element = Zeus aka Tiny Lister
Deep Impact = Morgan Freeman
2012 = Danny Glover
24 = Dennis Hayesburt(President Palmer)
24 = D.B. Woodside(Wayne Palmer aka President Palmer lite)
Idiocracy = Terry Crews
Good or not, these were projects with money thrown behind them.
Its gotten to the point where I expect it. Every time there's a Negro President, the fate of the world is at stake, and often it is destroyed. Its one of those unwritten movie rules, right up there with the male Negro, no matter how much he shucks and jives or how educated will either die first or die in the most gruesome way.
I don't know what to make of this phenomenon. On one hand, its very well known that Hollywood doesn't see race anymore they see $$$. On the other hand, a small part of me finds it hard to believe that they aren't aware of what's going on. If this is going to stop anytime soon, its up to the Negro actors who are approached.
*Photo Credit: Viscomla





You're anti-everything, Flix. I've come to realize that and you're getting real deep. It's for entertainment purposes only. Remember that!
ReplyDeleteQuestion: How did Hollywood get it wrong when the fate of the world is presently at stake? Exhale!
FYI, You are supposed to blow the smoke out after inhaling. You fuckin, muddafucka!
I didn't say they got it wrong, just that I find it very interesting and its starting to become less and less of a coincidence.
ReplyDelete