Annabel and Lucas are faced with the challenge of raising his young nieces that were left alone in the forest for 5 years.... but how alone were they?
After going on a murder spree, an investment banker loads up the kids and tries to flee town. Speeding along an icy, snow filled road, he crashes. They find shelter in an abandoned cabin and as he plans to kill them, a spirit appears and kills him instead. Five years have passed since that day and it is presumed that the girls are dead. His brother, Lucas, has been tirelessly searching for them. One day he finally gets the good news, but he doesn't yet realize that they've been raised by an entity they call mama, and she isn't ready to let them go just yet.
Mama is a solid film. The little girls were appropriately creepy and I really dug their performances. There's not much more I can say (good or bad) that wouldn't without spoil things so I'll wrap this up here.
Violence? Eh
Explosions? No
Nudity? No







Creepy kids are an instant no for me. If there's a creepy kid, I refuse to see it. The Grudge? I about died with that fucking meowing kid.
ReplyDelete