The creation of filmmaker Michael Emanuel, SCARY OR DIE tells five interwoven horror stories that take place in and around the "City of Angels". A flesh-eating clown desperately trying to protect the person he craves the most, A dirty cop and a hit gone wrong with a vengeful Necromancer, a beautiful but mysterious woman and a lonely man looking for love in all the wrong places, a gruesome blood splattered uprising of Illegal Mexican Zombies, and a Cajun conjure grandfather whose gift of never ending love goes terribly awry...
Scary or Die is a horror anthology consisting of five short stories which aim to do inspire fear or something I don't know. I was really only invested in what I thought would be a zombie clown story but I had to wade through the other crap to get there.
Overall, every story was okay, but ultimately underwhelming. The film reminded me of V/H/S(2012) which had the same format (but with two decent films!) and also floundered.
The Crossing:
Some rednecks get more than they bargained for after the last group of Mexicans they've killed rise from the dead and feast on them.
TaeJungs Lament:
A widower mourns the loss of his wife and leads a very lonely existence and every woman he sees looks like his wife. Things are pretty depressing until he witnesses a kidnapping and decides to save the girl.
Re-membered:
A take on the Tale Tell Heart. A guy drives around with a dismembered body in his trunk. On the highway, it begins to bang and when he searches the trunk he finds it missing.
Clowned:
A man, bitten by a clown, finds himself slowly becoming one. He sets off to find the clown that bit him in hopes of ending the ordeal. But as his urge to kill rises, his family becomes potential victims in his thirst for food.
[This was the one I had been waiting for. I thought this was going to be about clown zombies, but a story about a clown infection is also acceptable.]
Lover Come Back:
An abused woman comes back from the dead to reclaim the soul of the man that killed her, intending for them to spend eternity together.
Why oh why have they not made a movie about Zombie Clowns or Were-Clowns?
I'd watch that. I'd watch it hard.
Out of Ten? 5
Violence? Yes
Explosions? No
Nudity? No






0 comments:
Post a Comment